in the meantime, here are some enjoyable moments from the week so far.
- beautiful bouquets of flowers around the apartment.
- an early celebration of my dad's birthday-- our first cauliflower out of the garden, mom-made blueberry pie, a screening of the parking lot movie.
- a 6am road bike ride to welcome in august.
- a walk with cay, with a stop for lemonade on the deck with mom.
- grilled dinner in the backyard. all local. hamburger, bread & corn from the csa. butter from maine & cheddar from vermont. tomatoes from the garden. enjoyed on the picnic table with the mosquitos.
- and now, the very final bites of jenna and al's wedding cake. poppyseed cake with berries and creme fraiche frosting. oh yum.
tomorrow i'm off on a grand weekend adventure. check back tomorrow to hear more!