i haven't been a very good blogger in the past couple weeks, but all sorts of crazy, interesting, exciting and strange things have happened! i will do a quick update right now and then write more soon...
- the aspen have glowed & the leaves have dropped... we had our first snowfall and i survived my first extremely icy drive to work.
- i have had quite a few people interested in buying my car, but no offers.
- i continued my quest to find a hairdresser in steamboat, and had a successful cut at a place called "hair on earth." i think this is the shortest it has been since college!
- brett & i took care of a young alpaca that was choking/vomiting. many of you know how poorly i handle people puke, so i was impressed with my ability to handle this...
- brett was attacked by a dog at the animal shelter- he is fine but has a couple painful bites and is pretty angry.
- i am planning an east coast trip for the first week of february. my grandmother is turning 90 on cape cod on the 7th of february, and i am trying to build a week-long trip around that. so far it looks like i will be flying into nyc the weekend of jan 30, possibly scooting up to VC, seeing grandmommy in hartford, and being on the cape for gran's big party before flying back to colorado! it should be a bit of a whirlwind, but if anyone can find a spot to insert themselves into that week, i would love to see you!
- and last but definitely not least, I SAW BARACK OBAMA!!! i will post about the full story soon (with photos!), but it involved an early morning drive to denver, benefitting from kat's connections, a texas visitor, a lot of standing, a vassar grad connection, and a speech by barack obama. it was an empowering, exhausting, and exciting day.