6.07.2011

sitting won't kill me!

in case you haven't heard, "sitting will kill you." it was "breaking" (and perhaps obvious?) news this spring.

as an indirect result of this news, and for a variety of other reasons, i got to have my work station moved to an upright work station. my desk is the perfect height for me to stand at it, and i also have a tall chair to use to sit at it. since the moment it was made upright, i've been in love with it. still not in love with my cubicle, but i love the option to stand. i usually go back and forth throughout the day, and most recently i've started to do plank position while i read emails from time to time.

anyway. today was a huge accomplishment. i stood ALL DAY. no sitting, whatsoever. by the end of the day, my feet were a bit tired, but overall i felt good!

maybe i'll survive after all. 

1 comment:

jenna said...

i'm very impressed (esp because i'm currently slouched at my desk eating a muffin.)