6.26.2011

sunday wisdom.

"If I had my life to live over, I'd try to make more mistakes next time. I'd be less inhabited. I'd be more relaxed than I've been on this trip. There would be very few things that I would take seriously, especially myself. I'd be sillier. I'd take more chances. I'd climb more mountains, swim more rivers, and watch more sunsets. I'd eat more ice cream and less beans. I'd have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones.

You see, I'm one of those people who lives prophylactically and sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments and if I had it to do over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many light years ahead of each day. I've been one of those people who never go anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat and a parachute.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go places and do things and travel lighter than I did this trip. If I had my life to live over, I'd start barefooted in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I'd play hooky more. I wouldn't make such good grades, except by accident. I'd ride on more merry-go-rounds. And, I'd pick more daisies."

-Nadine Stair

1 comment:

jenna said...

i like this very much.