3.22.2011

today was my most productive day so far. i felt like i was actually getting projects accomplished throughout the day & it felt great. after work i met my mom for a 'taste of vermont' reception. considering all of the incredible local foods here in vermont, you can imagine how painfully stuffed i still am now. a huge variety of local cheeses, meats, turkey sliders, seafood mac & cheese, flatbreads, chocolate mousse, carrot cake cookies with goat chevre filling. and on top of that, vermont beers & wines? vermonters really know how to use their resources. it was an absolute feast, and gave me one more reason to appreciate my new surroundings. from there, i was off for an impromptu gathering of aloha maidens. if there is one thing i can count on camp friends for, it is deep, full belly-laughter. and this was no disappointment. within moments i was wiping tears from my eyes after gasping for air between chuckles. 

i'm settling in with my tea & my book with a smile on my face. 

No comments: