3.12.2011

“let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” (thank you)

for one final hurrah, we held a potluck dinner at cherry drive. by the end of the night, all of my dearest people in steamboat were there (hooray for nick & molly each coming after work!). everything was just as it should be-- great eats, tasty beverages, beautiful people, laughter, music and oh-so-much love. i loved having one last night at the house that has been so dear to me in the last few years. it all felt surreal that i was actually leaving, that the party was actually in my honor, until friends started to leave, and the tears began to flow. the last two years in steamboat have brought some of the most wonderful, kind, funny people into my world. days spent skiing, biking, drinking coffee in the sunshine, lounging, tubing the river... nights spent at happy hour, dancing, enjoying free concerts, cookouts at cherry, horseshoes in the yard... we've shared many beautiful moments.  i've formed lasting relationships that i know will endure the cross-country barrier. thank you, to each of you, for being my people. i love you. 


beautiful girls.

me and tj.

past and present residents of 466 cherry.

molly's arrival completed my night!

silly t.

original vista verde team.

love these girls.

my other brett.

highly concerned what mischief my cubs will get into now.

cute couples.

current cherry residents & their honorary roomie.

these are my people. 
thank you for being. 

No comments: