3.12.2011

the final descent.

while the last run with kim was meant to be my last run down the mountain, brett & i decided to squeeze a few final runs on the mountain. it was only appropriate to be trying to keep my ski gear unpacked and get up there, as i often have skied before heading out of town to catch a flight, or on the afternoon i return. so, once the car was packed, the floors mopped, the goodbyes said, we ran up to look out at the valley and make a few final turns. originally i envisioned all of my people gathering for one big run, but of course the reality of jobs & dogs & conflicting schedules left it with just me and brett. which was equally appropriate. i wished that it either be a bluebird day or a powder day, but instead it was a damp, grey day. not unlike vermont. we went up the gondola, up to storm peak, skied many of my favorite runs, rode my favorite lift, and began to get cold. we skied back to the top of the gondola, took a photo, and started down a final run on the heavenly daze. part way down we decided to veer off to a trail that i had somehow never been down. hiding right below ted's ridge is a trail called vertigo. as far as i can recall, this was my first lap down it! so, i smiled, looked out at my valley home, and made embarked on a new adventure down a new trail. 







final descent.

No comments: