- walk in the woods regularly. enjoy the scent of pine needles and trees.
- listen for the birds, cicadas and crickets.
- hike a mountain often. preferably weekly.
- when you get too hot, go for a swim.
- npr's the writers almanac makes for a very nice morning assembly piece.
- enjoy the quiet moments.
- sing when you feel like it.
- enjoy the sun shining through the trees-- it can be magical.
- play in boats.
- grilled cheese & tomato soup is always good for a rainy day.
- bring a raincoat.
- everything is better with a friend by your side.
incorporating camp into my summer days.
lupe and i went for an early walk in the park this morning, and we saw only a few other folks. the quiet air, chirping birds, and floor of pine needles got me thinking about camp, and about the ways i incorporate camp into my every day life-- particularly in the summer. here are just a few...
Posted by efd