2.25.2011

today is friday. it's my very last friday as an employee of the community foundation, and i've done my best to make it the most perfectly routine friday it can be. it started with yoga, which was sadly taught by a sub who i'm not crazy about, but i did my best to enjoy the practice regardless. in my yoga classes over the past two weeks, when choosing an "intention" or place to channel my energy, i have chosen the word "appreciate." to appreciate my yoga practice, to appreciate myself for bringing myself to class, to appreciate my body and it's strength, and to appreciate my life, as it is, in this town, in this moment. i have been doing my best to make the most of the "extra days" i have acquired in steamboat, and to appreciate them fully.

so. yoga practice. coffee and a whole wheat bagel with maple walnut cream cheese. a world full of giant fluffy flakes. chatting with mark. crossing the final things off my to-do list. sitting in my office shedding a few tears. going to ski a few powder runs on my lunch break. perhaps happy hour at mambo, or a concert, or dinner.

just another friday in this beautiful life.

No comments: