2.16.2011

a friday on a wednesday.

while it's only wednesday today, it sure feels like a friday! i got up early to make it to yoga class as i knew i wouldn't be attending kickboxing tonight. it was a good class- but didn't have the same vibe as my standard friday class.

why else does it feel like friday?

because today is my last "official" day of work for the community foundation. it's my last day of this week, at least! due to my delayed [hallelujah] start date in my new position, i'll actually be doing some working next week, but today was my original last day, and it means we are having a party this afternoon! my coworkers, the board of trustees, grants committee, nonprofit partners, select passport & donor advisors, and a few friends will be meeting up for a little send-off fiesta.

i have such mixed emotions. i love a good excuse for a party, and i enjoy spending time with all of the above groups. but a party in my honor? i feel rather bashful. and a party because i am leaving? i feel like crying [and i'm fairly certain that i will.] my three and-almost-a-half years with the foundation have been incredible. i've become a professional, learned a tremendous amount about the nonprofit world, built lasting relationships, and so much more. it's hard to believe i was 23 years old, only a bit over a year out of college, when i joined this team. in the most humble of ways, i've come so far.

it's been a pleasure. the working environment has been wonderful for me-- from a desk with beautiful windows to strong working relationships to staff ski days & powder clauses to a trusting and supportive board to being able to walk to work to a flexible schedule. i can only ask myself-- will it ever be this good?

but, it will. as kerouac said, "we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies."

No comments: