2.08.2011

"luckiest day of my life"

the universe aligned for me today and filled my day with wonderful, lucky events...

  • folding laundry & drinking coffee when my boss sends out a text that the "powder clause" is in effect and we are all free to ski for the morning. this would be a good time to mention that we got 14 new inches of snow in 24 hours, 4 feet in 4 days, and officially crossed the 300 inch mark for the season. 
  • so i sent out my texts & put on my gear and head to the mountain. i didn't end up meeting up with anyone but enjoyed a couple hours of fresh powder, grooving at my own pace and finding amazing stashes. it was knee deep consistently and i had a few face shots! the sun even peeked its way out every once in a while.
  • headed into work and received an email from my boss-to-be kindly asking me to move my start date at my new position two weeks ahead into march. considering all of the chaos and stress (plus a head cold!) that i have associated with my rapid move, this was about the best possible offer i could receive. what was about to be 12 crazy days has turned into at least 20 less-chaotic, more enjoyable days wrapping things up here! WOOHOO!
  • i won two day passes, equipment rentals & a lunch for two at the local cross country center. perfect timing for my parents arrival on saturday!
  • i went to the doctor and learned that in fact i do not (yet) have an ear infection.
  • i went to qdoba to use a buy 1 get 1 coupon for burritos for dinner and ended up getting TWO free burritos! in this moment, i turned to the man behind me in line and proclaimed it the luckiest day of my life. the men working noted how little it took for that to happen, and i explained as briefly as possible that the burritos were not the sole reason.
  • truly. my lucky day. perhaps not actually the luckiest of my life, but it sure made me smile.



No comments: