12.14.2009

Oh hi.
I know, I've dropped off the blogging-train again. So sorry :).
In summary:
  • Another beautiful Thanksgiving at the Walker home with 12 members of the Aloha family. Followed by a fun weekend in Steamboat with my friends Kat & Ben enjoying some quiet cozy time, hot springs & a waffle party.
  • Three ski days. I am loving my "new" $40 skis, though they are slightly long. I skied on them for the first time on Saturday and it was a world of difference to be on a wider ski. I feel more aggressive and confident (both huge statements coming from this cautious little ski bunny!). We. Need. More. Snow. We did get a good little storm over the weekend, but there is still a layer of ice underneath.
  • My new boss is terrific. I am very excited about working for him and all that I'm going to learn. I'll definitely be challenged at times, but it should be great.
  • I'm getting into spin classes. I realized long ago that my internal motivation is not strong enough to push myself through intense workouts. If I leave it up to me, I'll just toodle through the elliptical, stroll on the treadmill, pound out some reps with small weights. Being on the crew team for 4 years brought out the "teammate" in me and I find I am much more motivated if I am with others and have a coach/instructor commanding. So between spin classes & kickboxing, I'm just whipping right into shape!
  • More and more reasons why being on the East Coast for Christmas this year is important. I leave in 5 days and I cannot wait for quality time with friends and family.
  • A long-time Aloha friend has moved to Steamboat from Boulder for the winter. Faith and I have been camp friends since 1999 when we were invited to go on a co-ed pack trip in the White Mtns with three very immature Lanakila boys. I'm psyched about spending many a day hitting the slopes, drinking tea, cooking & adventuring with her for the next couple of months.
  • My "seasonal" friends John and Nick have also returned to town (about 3 weeks ago) and are living across the parking lot from me. So far we've initiated Sunday night Family Dinners as a tradition and I am just so happy to have them both back, both living in town, and both as my neighbors.
  • I moved this past week. I left my luxury condo at "the Pines at Ore House" and moved less than .2 miles around the parking lot into "the Pines Condominiums." So basically my new place is about 1/2 the size, 30-40 years older, and $400 cheaper. But still the same handy location near work and the grocery, and the same landlord. I think it's a win-win, though I'm finding a few things that don't work in the new place... And discovering, once again, that living in the same town for almost 4 years has made it way too easy to accumulate an unnecessary amount of belongings.
  • It was frigid last week. I understand, it is winter. It is Colorado. I live in Ski Town, USA. However, negative temps, cold winds, and a lack of sunshine is not what I signed up for when I agreed to spend my winters here. I'm sure looking forward to Christmas for that long down jacket I asked Santa for...
  • I've loved the comments on my not-s0-recent blog posts. It's wonderful know that people I love really do stop by and read my blog. That's the whole purpose of it, after all. To keep in touch with you all. So keep on leaving the love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see you in Vermont so, so soon. Let's plan on baking, snow adventures, snuggling, and lots of catching up! xo