12.18.2009

My favorite word right now is DELIGHTFUL. I find myself using it at least a dozen times a day. Why? It is a fun word to say. Deeeeelightful. Delightful! DeLIGHTful!

And, simply, life feels delightful right now.

Faith has been staying with me for almost a week, and the comfort of having a female friend in town is delightful.

I went down to Stagecoach for dinner on Tuesday night with Ken & Carol and their son Cyrus and part of Carol's family. We had a delicious feast, and great laughter. I miss my regular time with K & C, and it is always just so nice to go over there, feel right at home, and enjoy their company. Plus they have a Newfoundland puppy named Oliver who somewhat resembles a baby black bear. Adorable. Time on Spindrift Ranch is always delightful.

Faith helps to encourage the social side of me, and so we've spent most of our nights enjoying the company of John and Nick. We are literally living across the parking lot from each other, so it is the best possible combination of not being roommates but enjoying all the benefits of being roommates. We had our Sunday night family dinner, two nights of cookie making... I enjoy both of those boys so much and it's great to have them in town and so nearby. They are delightful.

Having friends in my life is delightful. I love all of you who are far away so much, but this week I'm particularly greatful for the ones I've got right here.

Tomorrow I'm off to Vermont (!!!!!) to see a few of the beautiful faces who are typically so far away. This will be my first holiday with my family in 4 years. I cannot wait.

Love to all.

No comments: