10.10.2009

My 'Paca Friends


I knew that I'd been an inconsistent blogger recently, but I didn't realize just how bad I'd been! Four posts in the month of September? Yikes. I'm terribly sorry to my few loyal readers :).

I'm out on the farm today and it's lovely. Ken & Carol have been gone for over two weeks, so the Bretts have been busy taking care of the alpacas. I've been here for a few feeds and I've just jumped right back in with my muck boots and carhartts. Brett asked me one day how it felt to be "back" and I replied, "It's wonderful. It's like being back with all my old friends." Silly as it sounds, the alpacas & two guard dogs have been my companions over the past two years during a time when I've had very few friends in my physical presence. Sure, we don't do much conversing but they are consistently excited to see me, and that's worth something. And I enjoy saying "Good Morning Sadie, Hello Victoria, Hello Rumita, Hello Luminosa... and on and on as I give each of them a scoop of grain." Living and working on the farm has been a very cool experience for me & I know I'll always remember it fondly. Of course I love my seven minute walking commute to work now, but I do miss the 'pacas from time to time.






No comments: