10.29.2009


Highs:
  • 3 cds in the mail from my Dad, with a post-it as requested. Last week Dad sent me some newspaper clippings, and there was no note in the envelope. Of course, I love mail of any sort, and I appreciate Dad's mailing of articles, clippings, etc. But I kindly called him out on the lack of message and said "at least a post-it note would be nice." So tonight I opened my mailbox to find a surprise envelope from him with three cds (Van, Louden Wainwright III, the Dead- yippee!) and a post-it. The post-it simply said "hello".... very funny, Dad!
  • Significant progress on my first-ever grant proposal. Anne, the woman helping me with it, is a bit of a miracle. She has a ton of grant writing experience, and literally whips these things up in a day. Amazing!
  • Kudos from a Board Member!
  • A quick check-in with a glowing friend.
  • A phone call from Grandmommy! Who saw on the news that Colorado was getting pounded with snow and called to check on me. I love her. We talked for the duration of my chilly walk home.
Lows:
  • I literally just realized, as I reflected back through my day, that I never drank my smoothie. It's sitting in a nalgene in the fridge at work. Boo. I guess a high tomorrow will be my smoothie waiting for me?
  • The briefness of the above check-in with said friend.
  • A bit of homesickness. I've been enjoying organic honeycrisp apples this week, and they are deeeelicious. However, great apples = fall in New England, and it's been too long since I've enjoyed fall in the east.

No comments: