10.15.2009

Highs & Lows

Since I've had trouble finding time for real updates and long posts, I'm going to try a new approach for a little while. At Aloha, we often wrap up the day with "Highs & Lows" which involves going around a group (tent family, counselor unit, etc) and giving each person the opportunity to share one or two things that were the best or worst part of their day. Since I don't have internet at home, I'll try to post my highs & lows in the morning for the previous day. I make no promises... but it seems like a good way to summarize my goings-on. Let's give it a try...

Highs:
  • Being asked to join the City of Steamboat Springs Human Resource Coalition Allocation Committee. In short, this means that I will be on a committee with city and county representatives reading grant proposals from local human service nonprofits and participating in the allocation process. Aka giving away city and county $!
  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup for dinner. Yum.
  • Seeing Ken & Carol after they were gone for nearly 3 weeks.
  • A kick-ass kickboxing class.

Lows:

  • Having a nonprofit partner discount my hard work at YVCF.
  • Jealousy.

It's always good when the list of highs is double the list of lows!

1 comment:

Kat said...

I like this approach! I may try it myself :) you're always so great for inspiration. coco!