6.03.2009

"June 3, 2006

COLORADO. CRAZY.

3.5 days of driving from Vermont to Colorado and we have arrived.  Vista Verde Ranch is beautiful. Mountains, peaked with snow... amazing. Driving into Denver last night I couldn't stop grinning as the mountains grew larger and larger until we were in the midst of them and then atop them! I feel so at home in the mountains- I want to go climb them and explore and write and do yoga up there. 

The ranch is very classy.  Fine dining & fancy cabins.  The guests arrive tomorrow.... V & I are completely unprepared! Most people have been here 2-3 weeks for training... yikes. I think the first week or two will be really shaky but after that it should be routine and easier.  The other ranch staff seem fun- very eclectic but all getting along well.  A lot of cowboys.  Apparently a bit gossipy, but I suppose that it is bound to happen on such a small staff.

For now it is looking good, though I'm sure it will all take some adjusting. 

Colorado is home. Now."

No comments: