6.24.2009

Happy Opening Day!

Happy Opening day to all of the Aloha's! As much as I enjoy my "summers of ordinary life", I don't think my sense of longing for Aloha in the summertime will ever fade. Today the camps open for another amazing summer, counselors are wearing their CCC ("correct camp costume"), greeting eager and nervous campers as they pull up the driveway. The camps are coming alive with song, motion, and energy. Oh what I would give to be going through the buffet line on the main house porch, and gathering in the Hale tonight to sing some classic camp songs. I am sending so much love out to all those lucky friends who are fortunate enough to be at camp this summer. I'm also sending out even more love and understanding to those who also cannot be there, like me.
I was very lucky to be able to attend an Aloha Reunion in Denver several weeks ago, hosted by the Mandelson family & the one and only Nancy Pennell. Whenever I get my computer connected to the internet, I will post some fabulous photos from that afternoon. I am forever thankful for the friendships I have gained through Aloha, the person I have become, and the influence that camp has had on my life.
Make it a good one!


No comments: