12.30.2011

Best of 2011: Year in Review

2011 will be remembered for:
  • ringing in the year with dominos, good friends, and a cozy fire. 
  • my birthday dinner at a table for 20+. the overwhelming gratitude and love i had looking down the long table of people who were gathering to celebrate me!
  • a beautiful day touring and playing in the out-of-bound terrain with a few of my favorite boys.
  • the hardest choice: to stay in my ski town community with a great job & lovely friends or move to the homeland for an incredible job opportunity and to be near family & friends. 
  • a lovely weekend reunion with my five.
  • completing my final ski season in steamboat with 42 days on the slopes. one final hazy run down mt. werner with an airblown kiss to the town. 
  • lots of quality time with my parents.
  • a 31 mile commute on interstate 89.
  • brett's arrival and quick adjustment to vermont.
  • the most delicious sungold tomatoes growing by the dozen in our own garden!
  • reunions with old friends-- vassar, camp quints, half marathon camp crew in woodstock.
  • adjusting to a new job, work setting, coworkers, responsibilities. 
  • sweet summer sails on dreama.
  • three glorious trips to cape cod. two holidays and one steamy july day of dunking in the salt water.
  • a road trip to indiana for a leeper wedding.
  • the addition of lupita. my incredible love for her!
  • my first two business trips: dallas and nyc.
  • so much rain. in all of the months of the year.
  • a lapse in yoga practice.
  • living in the same town as my oldest friend after 9 years apart.
  • irene and the tremendous damage that the storm did to the state of vermont.
Best Books I read in 2011:
  • The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer
  • Run by Ann Patchett
  • The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
  • Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
Best Movies I saw in 2011:
  • Inception
  • The King's Speech
Best Music I was introduced to in 2011:
  • Adele
  • The Head and the Heart
  • Bon Iver
And looking ahead to 2012:
  • some fun in the snow.
  • a new office space with giant windows!
  • a trip out to steamboat to see our old gang & celebrate the love of meg & monte.
  • the wedding of two of my very favorite people in july.
  • continuing to grow our social circle in vermont.
  • a renewed yoga practice.
  • enjoying the many culinary delights of vermont.

(see: 2010, 2009)

No comments: