3.06.2012

A Memorable Day.

Two years ago today, my sweet grandmother passed away. I spent the day enjoying life, as she would have wanted. After a long day of skiing & playing with friends, I send a text out to thank them—something along the lines of “thanks for making a sad day so fun. I have laugh lines sunburned into my cheeks.” My friend Torre sent back one of my favorite texts I have received: “We are a family here, E! That’s what’s up! Love ya!”


One year ago today, I left behind my ski town life in Steamboat. In the days since, I have: driven across the country, started a new job, moved into a wonderful apartment, turned Brett into a Vermonter, grown 100+ tomatoes, celebrated holidays and birthdays with family, put 20,000 miles on my Subaru, reconnected with east coast friends, adopted a puppy, traveled to Texas, Indiana, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York & Colorado, hiked & biked & skied the Green Mountains, received a promotion at work, and consumed a few hundred cups of coffee.

I still miss my Steamboat family in a consistent way, but I am grateful for the hundreds of memorable experiences and minutes that the past year has brought me. I’m eager to see where my second year takes me (already on the schedule- Arizona, Ohio, Tennessee, Alabama, Massachusetts). Here’s to a hundred more memories. Love this life.

No comments: