11.24.2011

gratitude.

as promised, i'm back with my gratitude post. our feast has been consumed, bananagrams has been played, facechatting with our connecticut relatives has been done, and now mom & i are snuggled on opposite ends of the biggest couch in the world reading. it's been a cozy and calm day today.

i mentioned earlier that i did my second annual gratitude yoga practice for thanksgiving. i dreamt the idea up last year, and loved it. last year i cranked up the fireplace, opened the blinds, and truly took some time to appreciate and enjoy. this year it felt more like something i squeezed in pre-shower, but it still made me pause and give thanks for some of the things i appreciate most. i kept the same twelve themes this year to my sun salutations. 

1. Family
2. Health/My Body
3. Friends
4. Steamboat
5. Home
6. Snow/Weather
7. Those who have passed away
8. Yoga
9. The Natural World (particularly trees & mountains)
10. Choice
11. Music
12. Myself

For these things and many others, I give thanks. Today, I feel particularly grateful for the people in my life. From my sweet parents and family on the Cape, to those in Connecticut, from my beautiful vermont girls to my family in Steamboat, the loyal camp crew to those I've met along my trails... thank you & I love you.  You are what really matter.

No comments: