11.22.2011

summer catchup: blueberry season.

i posted the other day about our delicious blueberry pancakes that i made with berries pulled out of the freezer, stashed away from summer adventures. i went to link to the blueberry picking post, and gasp-- there was not one! so, here it is now... three months overdue.

one of my very favorite summer-in-vermont activities is blueberry picking. we are lucky that there is a beautiful berry farm right near my folks' sailboat, and this year was a terrific berry year. i had the pleasure of going not once but twice, and filled my bucket with big juicy berries! tasting them last weekend brought me straight back to summer- i just love that.

here are a few photos from blueberry picking with my parents in july. can you feel the warmth of that bold blue sky?







No comments: