5.25.2011

sweet summer.

while my workday was filled with computer virus frustration & a slow progress on necessary tasks, it was balanced out by lunch with an old friend, and an unofficial work picnic at waterbury reservoir. i wasn't planning to attend, but my computer issues were making my day fairly unproductive as it was, so i figured i may as well call it a day early and do some meeting & greeting with other departments (ok, so i really went for the sunshine, lawn games, chips & beer. i won't lie.)... it was lovely!

round that out with two separate phones calls from some of my dearest darlings in steamboat, fun with the coworkers, a kind call from my boss, and then give me a truly delightful evening:

lilacs blooming (and centered on the table), organic burgers on the grill, sweet potato fries in the oven and a salad in the works. put it all on a table in the yard, build a fire in the pit. and then, throw on a flannel and jeans & take my mother on a little date for dessert and wine and beautiful music by myra flynn.




happy girl? yes indeed.

No comments: