4.12.2011

as hoped, today was a much better day!

highlights included bringing  a new plant into my cube (anything to brighten it up!), scooting back to waterbury to go to yoga on the clock, a warm sunny walk with jenna, fresh asparagus & a beautiful sunset out the window during dinner.

and another really awesome part?



yup. today was what i've been known to call my favorite holiday! while the holiday is celebrated at scoop shops across the country, there's something very special about enjoying a cone in the state where ben and jerry began their endeavor. sadly, the montpelier ben and jerry's scoop shop closed down several years ago. and my office moved only last week out of waterbury, where the factory is! so at lunch several of my coworkers and i embarked on a little adventure to the mall in burlington where we thought there was a b&j shop. no luck! but with ice cream on my mind, i convinced my mother to take a break from standing guard in the basement to come meet me after yoga for a sweet treat. silly, perhaps, but well worth our time to stand in a sunny line for a free scoop of the good stuff! it was the perfect way to enjoy one of vermont's many fine treats.

1 comment:

jenna said...

the sunset was indeed amazing. glad you had a better day! xoankcx