1.28.2011

the year of being 26.

i began "the year of being 26" with a lovely friday morning yoga class.

today, i concluded "the year of being 26" with an even better, stronger, and more balanced friday morning yoga class. practice today was challenging with a lot of warrior 3 poses and headstand practice (i'm still in the prep stages!). it was difficult, made me smile, and made me stretch to new places. and that is true for my life, and for this past year. i believe i am leaving age 26 a better, stronger & more balanced person. i might even dare to say (this is taking a leap!) that #26 has been my favorite rotation around the sun so far in this life.

personally, i have become more certain of myself as a person. i've been intentional in appreciating the joys in my daily life, i've made a point of spending plenty of time alone & in reflection. i've recognized that yoga, hiking, live music & quality food fuel my passion for life.

professionally, i learned a lot in my job. i was young professional of the month for steamboat YPN in august & was nominated for young professional of the year. i spoke before large groups, i strengthened working relationships, and i truly enjoyed my profession.

socially, i both strengthened existing relationships & formed some new everlasting ones. i tried (and sometimes failed) to be better about keeping in touch with loved ones who are far away. people i have called friends here for years became really really good friends. a year ago on my birthday, torre was a brand new friend. today, he is one of my favorite people in my life. on my birthday last year, i met molly for the first time. she is a ray of sunshine in my days.  these people have played such a huge role in my life & adventures & happiness in the past year. my steamboat community has grown and embraced me.

physically, i have focused my energy on eating healthy, as local as possible, and experimenting with new foods and recipes. i made the choice to spend the extra couple dollars to buy organic milk & half and half & eggs. i've continued to make exercise a priority in my largely-sedentary-desk -days. i made yoga a focus & continued my kickboxing adventures.

it's been an amazing, intentional year. the year of being 27 is going to be a new beginning in many ways, so here's to embracing that, forging on, and bringing the best of 26 along with me.

No comments: