11.02.2009

Today on facebook my status is:
"Proudly celebrating two years at the Community Foundation by submitting my first grant proposal and representing the Foundation on the City Community Support Steering Committee. Whoa."

As I wrote it, I thought? Am I boasting too much? Why am I saying this on facebook? And it truth, it is because I want to share what feels like a significant accomplishment with those I love. And because my social world here in Steamboat is so small, I felt that I needed to shout it a little louder. Each time someone chooses to "like" my status, I like a friend is proud of me and celebrating with me. Heck, each time someone "likes" any of my statuses, I feel warm and fuzzy!

So, I'm sitting here having mailed off the grant proposal to El Pomar (elpomar.org) for a grant for Capacity Building Support for Routt & Moffat County nonprofits (we'll find out in December if we've received it). I spent the afternoon at the Steering Committee meeting deciding how to allocate $334,975 dollars of City taxpayer money between three Coalitions for Health & Human Services, Environment and Arts & Culture. And I'm thinking, "Who am I to be making such huge decisions?!"

And now I'm faced with my "annual" self-evaluation, which feels somewhat daunting because:
1. My last self-evaluation was completed on 6/11/2008
2. I was still the Office Manager at that time
3. No specific "goals" were ever set by me or by my former boss when i entered the role of Program Manager.
4. Due to a lack of "boss," my self-evaluation has to be submitted to the Exec Committee, which means 8 people giving feedback instead of one.

It's hard to believe that it was two years ago that Brett and I were driving a van full of stuff to open a storage unit, when I got a voicemail from Betsey offering me the position. On Saturday, Brett and I moved OUT of our storage unit (and are getting rid of SO much stuff- hooray!) and today I am still at work at the Community Foundation, in a very different role than when I started, thinking through my evaluation. I've come full circle, I'd say.

No comments: