7.01.2011

hello lovelies- what are your plans for the long weekend? barbecues and swimming? fires and camping? parades and fireworks? i'm hoping my weekend will include many of the above. i'm simply giddy for the weekend to arrive--

today when i get off work i'm going to meet my parents at their brand new sailboat. it will be my maiden voyage on it,and they have put together a delicious picnic for us to enjoy aboard. when i thought about moving to vermont, spending time with my parents on their sailboat cruising lake champlain, was one of my top reasons. i love my parents, and i love being on the water, so the combination is simply delightful.

a few hours later, i'll head to the airport to collect two of my oldest friends from summer camp, and 24 hours from now [if all goes smoothly!] i will be reunited with all four of my girls. amie, ashley, tarunya & amy became my dear friends as we were young campers on the shores of lake morey, and our friendship grew right up with us as we became counselors and college students. the director of our summer camp aptly named us "the quintet" during the one summer we all worked together, and so "the quints" has stuck as our  collective name. we used to ring in the new years together, but haven't managed to make that happen in about six or seven years- meaning that we haven't all five been together in that long. after years of trying to arrange reunions, we've finally pulled it off- and we'll be enjoying  a good vermonty weekend full of laughter, hiking, good food, fireworks, endless reminiscing, a parade, and possibly even the camp bonfire.

whatever you do, enjoy your festivities!

No comments: