2.25.2015

The Lone Bellow.

In the deep freeze of February, the Lone Bellow warmed up Burlington big time at Arts Riot last night. They had the audience stomping, singing, laughing & dancing all night long. 

I first heard of the Lone Bellow about 2 years ago thanks to my ever-well-tuned father. At that point, they'd just quit their "real jobs" to pursue their music career in Brooklyn. They made headlines in the NY Times and the radio started picking them up quickly. Always looking to be one step ahead of the curve, I started spreading the word about this new band. When they played a tiny pub at Sugarbush on a Friday afternoon, I missed out but sent my folks and friends to see them there.

Fast forward almost exactly two years, and this band is about to break through big time. They just released their second album, played hits from it on David Letterman and CBS This Morning, and are kicking off their already mostly sold-out tour. I caught them last night at a small venue and brought along my dear friend Kate. They lured us in with their lyrics, made us foot stomp with their beats, and made us laugh with their outrageous impromptu 90s hip hop covers. 

If you have the chance to catch them, enjoy! In the meantime, enjoy the videos posted below and check their album out.





No comments: