1.07.2011

friday.

i firmly believe that every friday should begin with a strong yoga practice, a tall coffee & a bagel.

fortunately, it is within my power to ensure that it happens. i attended a lovely class this morning focused on lightness. we practiced a series of upright balancing poses, which are always challenging for me given my weak ankles and flat feet. i channeled my positive energy and tried not to judge myself when i toppled over, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself. in the locker room after class, the teacher told me i had a "beautiful practice." woohoo!

she also asked us to think of someone whom we love very much, and to practice for them today. i thought of my kindred sister, jenna, and sent gratitude out for her constant encouragement, humor, coziness, and long-distance love.

round that out with a little sauna time, a quick shower, a sweater dress & boots, a perfect coffee and a cranberry granola bagel. you've got a happy girl.

cheers for friday, my loves. xo

2 comments:

jenna said...

hey sister. it's funny that you were thinking of me this morning because when i was walking to work- i was thinking about you. just sending lots of positive energy and comfort and gratitude your way. funny to think about those good thoughts flying across the country to one another. lots and lots of love.

efd said...

i love it. particularly because that was probably all happening right at the same time. i'm loving the mental image of our positive energy flying like little airplanes back and forth. xoxo