12.30.2010

Best of 2010- Year in Review

2010 will be remembered for:
  • an early january powder day in holy bowl.
  • homemade funfetti frosting for my 26th birthday.
  • the excitement of the olympics! particularly celebrating steamboat olympians.
  • the passing of grandmommy in march. a sad thing in itself, but early 2010 was filled with wonderful conversations, cards, netflix & notes between us.
  • blustery beach walks with gran in april & september.
  • my first viewing of the boston marathon! and my dearest college friend.
  • a new found love for brussel sprouts and kale.
  • nights on bicycles. days on bicycles.
  • a rainy trip to nyc full of pedis, cheesy movies, amazing food, and my very best friend.
  • reconnecting with my yoga practice, and loving it.
  • celebrating the union of v & mort in vermont in may. being reunited with my loves.
  • camping & hiking to gilpin lake with kate waite.
  • ongoing explorations in the culinary world.
  • the end of the alpaca era.
  • boys. after years of my closest friends primarily being girls, my steamboat world is full of boys. really wonderful. appreciate boys.
  • surprising my mother at the doorstep for her 60th birthday.
  • mambo's happy hours.
  • five round-trip flights, comprising of sixteen separate airplanes.
  • a smattering of delightful concerts: five free concerts at howelsen, bearfoot bluegrass, yonder mtn string band, michael franti & spearhead, patty larkin & lucy kaplansky, many a missed the boat show.
  • 2010 has been the year of the local. i finally feel known in this community, and it feels like i have friends everywhere i go!
Best Books I read in 2010:
  • Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver
  • The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Best Movies I saw in 2010:
  • 500 Days of Summer
  • Whip It
  • Crazy Heart
  • Precious
Best Music I was introduced to in 2010:
  • Bearfoot Bluegrass
  • Mumford & Sons
  • Zac Brown Band
And looking ahead to 2011:
  • Continued exploration with cooking & yoga.
  • A long weekend with my five in Boulder.
  • A whole week with  my parents in Steamboat.
  • Martin Sexton concert in Steamboat.
  • My Steamboat Dance Theatre Debut!
  • Many a powder day, and perhaps new skis?
  • The opportunity for tremendous change.

1 comment:

Cayla Skillin-Brauchle said...

i am so glad you like whip it.